Re: The current status of info, err and warn macros in kernel

From: Greg KH
Date: Sun Apr 26 2009 - 23:39:19 EST

On Sun, Apr 26, 2009 at 02:06:46AM +0300, Ozan ÃaÄlayan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I noticed that I can't compile some out-of-tree modules like lirc,
> lmpcm_usb on my 2.6.30_rc* source tree.
> The compiler aborts saying "implicit declaration of function 'info'". I
> googled and found the following thread
> in linux-next mailing list:

Like was pointed out, they are really gone now. They were usb-only
functions, that didn't make sense anymore, and lots of other drivers
were using them instead.

Convert to use the dev_* functions instead, those are also backwards
compatible, which should make your life a bit easier.

good luck,

greg k-h