Re: [patch 00/88] 2.6.28.10-stable review

From: Henrique de Moraes Holschuh
Date: Sat May 02 2009 - 11:38:40 EST

On Thu, 30 Apr 2009, Willy Tarreau wrote:
> Why not stay on 2.6.27 if you need longer support ? I you really need some

I need something stable enough to not cause problems, and close enough
to latest mainline to not make backporting whatever I need for
thinkpad-acpi development a major chore.

Home server is already locked to 2.6.27.

> 2.6.28-specific features, it should not be *that* hard to incrementally
> apply next 2.6.27.X patchsets to your latest 2.6.28.Y, and this will leave
> you with some time to see 2.6.29 getting ready for your usage.

I think that's exactly what I will do, if needed. Thanks for the
idea.

Henrique Holschuh