cpuspeed vs x

From: Gene Heskett
Date: Sat May 02 2009 - 22:02:03 EST

Greetings all;

I'm not sure where I should send this.

When 30-rc4 came out, I built it, but this time I enabled the cpuspeed
governor stuffs, picking middle of the road options just to see if I could
feel any difference on this quad core phenom.

Booted up just fine, and ran till I left long enough for the blank screen &
monitor powerdown to take place. An hour later I come in and jog the mouse to
wake things up & 30 seconds later its still blanked but I can see the lcd's
backlight is on, so I poke a few keys and I think the screen may have blinked
on for maybe one frame once.

Ctl-alt-bsp, terminal screen is fine, and startx works. An hour later, whole
machine is powered down while I'm elsewhere again. I fool with this, trying
to make sense of it for another half a day, then reboot to -rc3 and rebuild
-rc4 without that option, and something around 24 hours later it is still just
fine.

Is this a kernel problem, or an x problem?

Thanks all.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)