Re: [Sdhci-devel] SDHCI driver runnining in aspire one, allows towrite to R/O SD cards

From: Garrett D'Amore
Date: Sun May 03 2009 - 16:49:45 EST

Pierre Ossman wrote:
On Mon, 27 Apr 2009 11:12:13 -0700
Garrett D'Amore <garrett@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

As an extra data point, my sdhost driver in OpenSolaris works fine on the AA1.. it does see that the cards are locked, and refuses to allow them to be mounted read/write.

This leads me to believe that the original linux problem is one of two things:

* either a bug in the linux code, or
* busted circuit/hardware on a specific unit (i.e. a damaged unit)

I don't suppose you could try a Linux LiveCD to determine if your AA1
has the same issue under Linux?

I'll have to download one, and I need to install via USB media... (which I've not done with Linux before) -- the AA1 doesn't have a CDROM drive.

- Garrett
Rgds