Re: some kernel issues

From: Dave Airlie
Date: Tue May 05 2009 - 07:15:39 EST

On Tue, May 5, 2009 at 9:02 PM, Werner LEMBERG <wl@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> From: Dave Airlie <airlied@xxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: Re: some kernel issues
> Date: Tue, 5 May 2009 20:44:18 +1000
>
>>> With my 945GM intel graphics card, I don't get TTYs which I could
>>> switch to with Ctrl-Alt-Shift-F1, for example, after X has started.
>>> Only F7 to switch back to graphics mode works fine.  In particular,
>>> I don't see any boot messages at start-up.  This has worked fine
>>> with a previous kernel like 2.6.27.21.
>>
>> Make sure you haven't enabled kernel mode setting.
>>
>> CONFIG_DRM_I915_KMS
>
> Uuuuh, completely undocumented.  Thanks!  Will check soon.

Huh?

Choose this option if you want kernel modesetting enabled by default,
and you have a new enough userspace to support this. Running old
userspaces with this enabled will cause pain. Note that this causes
the driver to bind to PCI devices, which precludes loading things
like intelfb.

But as you don't have it, it doesn't seem like that is the issue

Dave.