Re: [TuxOnIce-devel] [RFC] TuxOnIce

From: Nigel Cunningham
Date: Thu May 07 2009 - 16:40:25 EST

Hi.

On Thu, 2009-05-07 at 21:27 +0200, Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:
> In fact I agree, but there's a catch. The way in which TuxOnIce operates LRU
> pages is based on some assumptions that may or may not be satisfied in future,
> so if we decide to merge it, then we'll have to make sure these assumptions
> will be satisfied. That in turn is going to require quite some discussion I
> guess.

Agreed. That's why I've got that GEMS patch - it's putting pages on the
LRU that don't satisfy the former assumptions: they are used during
hibernating and need to be atomically copied. If there are further
developments in that area, I would hope we could just extend what's been
done with GEMS.

Regards,

Nigel