Re: [TuxOnIce-devel] [RFC] TuxOnIce

From: Fabio Comolli
Date: Fri May 08 2009 - 17:47:53 EST

Hi

On Fri, May 8, 2009 at 3:17 AM, Shannon McMackin <smcmackin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Just to add my 2 cents as a user of TOI. ÂEvery distro and release I've
> tried has one major issue with kernel hibernation. ÂUpon resume when
> hibernating large images, there's a residual footprint in swap. ÂEvery
> further hibernation creates a larger footprint, to the order of an
> additional 5-7% each time. ÂNobody has ever cared in any forum to
> explain why or how I might change that.

Actually I'm not seeing this with uswsusp and 2.6.29.2:

fcomolli@hawking:~> dmesg|grep 'Preparing to enter system sleep state S4'
ACPI: Preparing to enter system sleep state S4
ACPI: Preparing to enter system sleep state S4
ACPI: Preparing to enter system sleep state S4
fcomolli@hawking:~> free
total used free shared buffers cached
Mem: 2039692 901252 1138440 0 118980 395236
-/+ buffers/cache: 387036 1652656
Swap: 2104504 0 2104504

I limit the image size to 950M.

Regards,