Re: LinuxPPS status?

From: Andrew Morton
Date: Fri May 08 2009 - 19:03:33 EST

On Fri, 8 May 2009 11:27:22 +0100
Alan Cox <alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Fri, 08 May 2009 12:17:39 +0200
> Udo van den Heuvel <udovdh@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > Can anybody please give a summary of the things needing work before
> > LinuxPPS can go into the kernel?
> > Andrew posted something in february but are his objections still valid?
> >
> > Can we just fix the final bits and have it in the kernel whenever the
> > first occasion comes along?
>
> If you are getting no feedback just submit it next merge window. Either
> its offended nobody or they've forgotten to notice - in both cases
> submitting it will have the desired effect.

As far as I know the master version is sitting in -mm. This thing has
gone on for so long and with such large intervals between activity that
I've forgotten what the outstanding issues are, if any.

I have a note here that Christoph had requested that the pps header
file be split in some fashion (user and kernel?) but that doesn't
appear to have happened in my copy of the patch.

Probably it would be best to start again, resend the patch with 1000 cc's,
re-review and actually get it over the line.