Re: RFC: MAINTAINER email address style?

From: Joe Perches
Date: Sun May 10 2009 - 18:38:28 EST

On Sun, 2009-05-10 at 23:04 +0100, Alan Cox wrote:
> > I have a modified version of scripts/get_maintainer.pl
> > that supports either style.
>
> Including quoted commas in email addresses - which *are* valid ?

Yes. There are a few names with commas in MAINTAINERS today.
I did have to quote addresses with embedded periods as well though.

I posted a link to the git repository.
http://lkml.org/lkml/2009/4/24/82

Here it is if you want to try it out:
git://repo.or.cz/linux-2.6/trivial-mods.git gm_20090423

That version doesn't like 8 bit chars in email
addresses though. I do have a local version with
that fixed.