Re: Regression: Problem in using USB Bluetooth Dongle (Worked fine in 2.6.24.x)

From: Brian Marete
Date: Mon May 11 2009 - 03:37:47 EST

On Sat, May 9, 2009 at 1:24 AM, Marcel Holtmann <marcel@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Brian,
>
>> At least until kernel version 2.6.24, I was able to use my USB
>> bluetooth dongle to download contacts from my phone. I made a jump
>> from 2.6.24 to 2.6.27, so I am not sure exactly which kernel version
>> starts the problem, but all kernels from the latter (2.6.27) now do
>> not work. The latest kernel I have tested is 2.6.29.2.
>
> can you test 2.6.30-rc4 or bluetooth-testing.git. I am pretty sure that
> whatever broke in 2.6.27 has been fixed by now. Some cheapo USB dongles
> behaved wrongly and it was a long time not clear what caused it.

Hello Marcel,

Alas, the regression is still there in 2.6.30-rc5 which I tested over
the weekend.

I also forgot to mention that, even with the kernels with the
regression, device pairing using the dongle still works.

Would a packet capture (usbmon) help? Willing to capture whatever
other debugging data that you think may help

Thanks.
--
B. Gitonga Marete
Tel: +254-722-151-590