RE: PowerPC page faults

From: Liu Yu-B13201
Date: Tue May 12 2009 - 01:46:59 EST

I don't think this can come true if it is software managed TLB.
For guest will never know the content of its TLB without the help of software.

> I assume all MMIO comes from the same set of instructions in PPC?
> Something like ld/st instructions? Presumably all you need
> to know from
> instruction decoding is the destination register and whether it was a
> read or write?

Yes, but more there is a search in guest TLB to see if it is a guest TLB miss currently.
A big overhead, especially for a large TLB without being organized by sth. like rbtree.