Re: bad endpoint address, MOTU FastLane

From: Alan Stern
Date: Tue May 12 2009 - 11:44:37 EST

On Tue, 12 May 2009, Todd T. Fries wrote:

> I'm actually the owner of said device, and have actually purchased
> something that is complaint. However, not all owners of said device
> are as able or willing.
>
> The point in my opinion is that it used to work and now after an upgrade
> (to support a pchdtv.com tuner) the MOTU doesn't, only the software has
> changed. Thanks for giving me one more reason to avoid Linux.

The fact that it worked before was, as I said, a mere coincidence. You
don't seem to appreciate just how badly out-of-spec this device is.

> IMHO the principal of 'be generous in what you accept, strict in what you give..'
> for specs applies here..

That pinciple doesn't help much if what you're trying to accept is
self-contradictory, as it is in this case.

> Worst case, quirk entry, eh?

If the quirk entry helps, feel free to use it. And don't be surprised
if future software upgrades cause similar problems.

Alan Stern