Re: Regression: Problem in using USB Bluetooth Dongle (Worked fine in 2.6.24.x)

From: Brian Marete
Date: Tue May 12 2009 - 12:15:57 EST

On Mon, May 11, 2009 at 11:46 AM, Marcel Holtmann <marcel@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Brian,

>> > can you test 2.6.30-rc4 or bluetooth-testing.git. I am pretty sure that
>> > whatever broke in 2.6.27 has been fixed by now. Some cheapo USB dongles
>> > behaved wrongly and it was a long time not clear what caused it.
>>
>> Alas, the regression is still there in 2.6.30-rc5 which I tested over
>> the weekend.
>>
>> I also forgot to mention that, even with the kernels with the
>> regression, device pairing using the dongle still works.
>>
>> Would a packet capture (usbmon) help? Willing to capture whatever
>> other debugging data that you think may help
>
> if device pairing works fine, the I guess this is a different problem.
> It could be that your USB host controller doesn't like the device. Or
> you forgot to load the EHCI driver or something. Otherwise your dongle
> should work fine. Since pairing works, what does hciconfig -a says?

Hello,

EHCI is actually loaded. See my regression report in my original email.

Regarding some conflict with the host controller, well, it did work
fine in 2.6.24.

Is there some other debug output I can collect or some other
information that I can provide to help identify the source of the
regression?

Thanks.

--
B. Gitonga Marete