Re: [TuxOnIce-devel] [RFC] TuxOnIce

From: trekker.dk
Date: Wed May 13 2009 - 18:08:23 EST

>> >Ok, binary drivers may be a problem. Will it work without that? Should
>> >be easy to test with init=/bin/bash.
>>
>> Yes, that works - and after complete boot w/o loading binary driver resume works too.
>>

>Cool. I'm afraid you have to ask nvidia for help here. (Or maybe you
>can just unload nvidia.ko before suspend/reload it after
>resume). Anyway problem is with nvidia here..

And that's where we get to the advantage of TOI again: with TOI I don't have to do that,
suspend works with X.org running. (IMO there's no point in suspending if I have
to start all X apps again)

Anyway, I think this thread is a bit off-topic in -devel list, so if there isn't anything
important to add, this will be the last post from me.

Regards
JB