Re: Contrasting DRBD with md/nbd

From: Philipp Reisner
Date: Thu May 14 2009 - 12:29:33 EST

On Thursday 14 May 2009 08:31:26 Neil Brown wrote:
> [ cc: list massively trimmed compared to original posting of code and
> subsequent discussion..]
>
> Hi,
>
> Prior to giving DRBD a proper review I've been trying to make sure
> that I understand it, so I have a valid model to compare the code
> against (and so I can steal any bits that I like for md:-)

[...]
> Thank you for reading. I found the exercise educational. I hope you
> did too. I think I might even be ready to review the DRBD code now :-)

In fact I read the whole thing, I mostly agree. Maybe there are a view
glitches in, but I do not take it as challenge to find those.

I appreciate that you took you time to really understand what DRBD does.
I assume you read some of the papers we published.

BTW, I intend to send the code for a further round of review tomorrow.

-Phil
--
: Dipl-Ing Philipp Reisner
: Tel: +43-1-8178292-50, Fax: +43-1-8178292-82

DRBD(R) and LINBIT(R) are registered trademarks of LINBIT, Austria.