Re: [Patch 00/12] Hardware Breakpoint interfaces

From: K.Prasad
Date: Thu May 14 2009 - 16:08:51 EST

On Thu, May 14, 2009 at 04:02:16PM -0400, Alan Stern wrote:
> On Wed, 13 May 2009, K.Prasad wrote:
>
> > Hi Alan,
> > Please find a new set of patches with the following changes.
> > I am eager to know if you think that they are ready for submission towards
> > upstream acceptance.
>
> This is looking pretty good. Only one thing caught my eye:
> switch_to_thread_hw_breakpoint and switch_to_none_hw_breakpoint do
> nothing but call the corresponding arch-specific routines. You might
> as well eliminate them and have the callers invoke the arch-specific
> routines instead.
>
> Alan Stern

Sure. I will eliminate the above two functions and also remove the msleep()
call in ftrace startup selftest code path.

With these two changes I plan to submit the code for -tip acceptance
directly.

I wish to thank you profusely for the in-depth code reviews,
suggestions, unearthing corner-case issues and the immense time and effort
taken for the same. The patch wouldn't have been as better but for your
involvement!

Thanks,
K.Prasad