Re: [RFC] tracing: adding flags to events

From: Christoph Hellwig
Date: Fri May 15 2009 - 12:58:16 EST

Nice!

I gave it a try in the xfs tracer and it seems to work fine. One little
suggestion, can we specifies the flags as the full value instead of bit
positions? That's how the are specified in the enums/#defines naming
them (either in the 1<<n scheme or the 0x000n scheme) and translating
between the two is a bit cumbersome.

For some reason using it gives me warnings ala:

fs/xfs/linux-2.6/./xfs_trace.h: In function 'ftrace_raw_output_xfs_attr':
fs/xfs/linux-2.6/./xfs_trace.h:48: warning: array subscript is below array bounds

these look surprisingy similar to bogus gcc warnings I have in a couple
of other places in my build, just that here it's in generated code, so
it's hard to check the validity.