Re: regression in 2.6.30-rc6 -- via82xx sound very quiet

From: Takashi Iwai
Date: Sun May 17 2009 - 13:16:30 EST

At Sun, 17 May 2009 17:47:54 +0100,
Richard Kennedy wrote:

> In the current git 2.6.30-rc6 the sound from my motherboard has become
> extremely quiet, I have to turn my speakers up all the way to hear
> anything at all.
> I'm not too sure when the problem first started but I've just tested
> 2.6.30-rc4 and it works correctly.

Try to correct "DXS Playback Volume" mixer elements.
The dB range of these volumes were fixed recently to the correct
values. If the old mixer value is restored using the dB value,
it would be restored to a much lower value, which explains your
symptom.

Simply set these volumes to the max (i.e. 0dB) and never change unless
you really need them.

thanks,

Takashi