Re: Where do we stand with the Xen patches?

From: FUJITA Tomonori
Date: Sun May 17 2009 - 21:37:47 EST

On Thu, 14 May 2009 12:54:54 -0700
Jeremy Fitzhardinge <jeremy@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Ingo,
>
> Over the last week or so, I've set out pull requests for the following
> branches in git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jeremy/xen.git :
>
> for-ingo/xen/dom0/core
>
> You made two comments about the first post of this set:
>
> 1. The // comments in the mtrr code. Now fixed.
> 2. A query about when Xen can support PAT. In progress; when its
> done, we can remove the unconditional PAT disable.
>
> for-ingo/xen/dom0/pci
> for-ingo/xen/dom0/swiotlb
>
> Updated with Joerg Roedel, FUJITA Tomonori and Matthew Wilcox's
> comments, Acked-by and Reviewed-bys as appropriate.

The original code added dom0-specific dma mapping stuff in the generic
place, which is completely wrong. I asked you to move the hacky stuff
to Xen-specific code and ack'ed the patchset.

But as I said again and again, the dom0 changes to the generic dma
mapipng code is really ugly and I don't like them at all. I didn't
ack'ed such changes.