Re: [Patch 0/2] Improvements and fixes to HW Breakpoint interface

From: Frederic Weisbecker
Date: Tue May 19 2009 - 19:24:51 EST

On Tue, May 19, 2009 at 09:53:53PM +0530, K.Prasad wrote:
> Hi Alan,
> Please find a couple of patches that contain improvements to the HW Breakpoint
> interface code (discovered while porting the infrastructure on another architecture)
> and a minor fix - the details of which are described in the patch header.
>
> These patches can be applied over the patchset submitted over -tip here:
> http://lkml.org/lkml/2009/5/15/139.
>
> As they carry some of your suggestions, I will be glad to have it reviewed by you.
>
> Hi Frederic,
> There's a minor style issue in the ksym tracer plugin (declaration of a
> function in .c file) which has now been corrected. Kindly review the same.

The ftrace part looks good, indeed such style issue is usually warned by checkpatch.pl
Thanks.

Ingo,

What do you think of the current state of the hardware breakpoint patchset?
If I'm not wrong, it has not yet been applied in -tip. Do you have mixed
feelings about it?
IIRC it has been mostly (fully?) acked by Alan Stern, I've also reviewed
the ftrace patch.

Frederic.