Re: [BUG FIX] Make x86_32 uni-processor Atomic ops, Atomic

From: Michael S. Zick
Date: Sat May 23 2009 - 07:18:47 EST

On Sat May 23 2009, Michael S. Zick wrote:
> On Fri May 22 2009, H. Peter Anvin wrote:
> > Michael S. Zick wrote:
> > > Same integrated motherboard.
> >
> > Which means same CPU, same BIOS, same motherboard (none of which you're
> > telling us.)
> >

> The only objective information is posted here:
> http://lkml.org/lkml/2009/5/20/342
> Everything else related to this problem is subjective.
>
> > cpuinfo and dmidecode would be informative.
> >

> Must have hit "reply" rather than "reply all" at some
> critical point along the way.
>
> Browse this directory:
> http://hp-umpc.com/ce1200v/
> Your looking for the:
> http://hp-umpc.com/ce1200v/sylvania-g-data.tar.gz
> The Everex Cloudbook only varies by some strings in the
> dmidecode output.
>
> For logs of speculation and efforts at re-arranging the
> deck chairs on the Titanic:
> http://forum.netbookuser.com/viewforum.php?id=8
>
> I chose to start with the ce1200v because:
> *) It needs the most help;
> *) One of the two tech manuals on the cx700 has been
> published since the drivers where touched.
> see: http://linux.via.com.tw/support/downloadFiles.action
> select cx700/vx700 in right-hand box, click the manual.
> *) The HP-2133 MiniNote uses the cn896 chipset, which
> has not yet been released from NDA.
>
> Note:
> I do not have the C7-M technical reference, it is still
> under NDA.
> *But* if a developer on this list has a copy of the
> manual *and* owns one of these three brands of machine -
> they would have fixed their own machine a year ago.
> So I am not holding my breath until a person is located
> that has both the manual and the machine. ;)

As to getting a person with the manuals on-hand and everyone
else together, may I point out that the MUC room is still on-line:

Pick you favorite Jabber MUC client;
JID: cloudbook-group@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Which translates to:
Room: cloudbook-group
Password: <none> leave blank in your client, it is a public room.

Note: This is a low-volume server and has "on-demand" rooms enabled;
you want a room for the "hot topic" of the moment;
just "join chat" or "join group" (whatever your client calls it) for
the new room name - the server will create it for you.

If creating rooms, I strongly suggest Gajim - it has the easiest to
use control and administrative features.

Note2: Not using any video, so we will not see your smiling face. ;)

Mike