Re: [loongson-PATCH-v1 24/27] fixup for FUJITSU disk

From: Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz
Date: Sat May 23 2009 - 07:43:26 EST

On Saturday 23 May 2009 09:11:42 yanh wrote:
> å 2009-05-22äç 20:32 +0200ïBartlomiej Zolnierkiewiczåéï
> > On Thursday 21 May 2009 00:12:46 wuzhangjin@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> > > From: Wu Zhangjin <wuzhangjin@xxxxxxxxx>
> > >
> > > This is originally from the to-mips branch from
> > > http://dev.lemote.com/code/linux_loongson
> >
> > Sadly, the patch description lacks all the important information.
> >
> > What is the original problem that this fixup tries to address?
> >
> > Is it limited to amd74xx controllers?
>
> In loongson2f yeeloong machines, the ide controller is AMD cs5536, or
> say amd74xx, and the hard drives is Fujistu.

Then it should use the new & shiny :) native cs5536 IDE host driver
instead of legacy support in amd74xx...

> While debuging the hard disk suspned and resume, the ide irq can not be
> cleared. I guess this is a fake interrupt, hence the clear irq action
> can not be finished.

AFAICS the only change that the fixup would cause for suspend/resume paths
is the one in ide_config_drive_speed() which is called during resume to set
transfer mode on the drive:

tp_ops->write_devctl(hwif, ATA_NIEN | ATA_DEVCTL_OBS);

memset(&tf, 0, sizeof(tf));
tf.feature = SETFEATURES_XFER;
tf.nsect = speed;

tp_ops->tf_load(drive, &tf, IDE_VALID_FEATURE | IDE_VALID_NSECT);

tp_ops->exec_command(hwif, ATA_CMD_SET_FEATURES);
--->
if (drive->quirk_list == 2)
tp_ops->write_devctl(hwif, ATA_DEVCTL_OBS);
--->
error = __ide_wait_stat(drive, drive->ready_stat,
ATA_BUSY | ATA_DRQ | ATA_ERR,
WAIT_CMD, &stat);

Please tell me I if understand the issue correctly: if the above quirk is
not executed we end up with spurious IRQs, right?

> This patch is to fix this issue. Maybe other controller and drives also
> have this issue, but I am not sure.

Probably moving it to a generic quirk_drives list later will be useful...

Anyway this fixup needs to be ported to / verified with cs5536 first.

Thanks.
Bart