Re: Analyzed/Solved/Bisected: Booting 2.6.30-rc2-git7 very slow

From: Martin Knoblauch
Date: Thu May 28 2009 - 05:14:55 EST

Martin Knoblauch
email: k n o b i AT knobisoft DOT de
www: http://www.knobisoft.de

----- Original Message ----

I do not recall any questions from Al. If he asked, I am pretty sure I answered :-)

> I expect the duplicate comes from a left-over mount in initramfs which
> isn't a duplicate in the sense of a bug in vfs or mount or anything. I
> guess, it is just still mounted in the initial kernel rootfs, below
> the root from the disk. It could be that a umount from initramfs did
> go wrong because of a changed timing.

This is what I suspect as well. I know for sure that the first sysfs-line in /proc/mounts

| none /sys sysfs rw 0 0

is already there (2.6.29-rc1 and up) when entering startup-skripts. It is supposed to be unmounted before, but something seems to prevent it. I have idea how to capture debug output from the initrd/init script :-(

Cheers
Martin