Re: [patch 13/96] JFFS2: fix mount crash caused by removed nodes

From: David Woodhouse
Date: Fri May 29 2009 - 07:02:26 EST

On Fri, 2009-05-29 at 01:26 -0700, anees a m wrote:
> Iam uses JFFS2 filesystem for an embedded flash device. But when the
> power is removed i between, the JFFS2 filesystem is corrupted.
> Resulting in fails. Iam able to find that the JFFS2 garbage collector
> is causing the problem. If mounted as READ only, I dont have an issue,
> but mounting write only is resulting in corrupted filesystem some
> times.
>
> Unfortunately I need to mount it with read write support.

Please could you let me know what kernel you are using, on what hardware
-- and show me how this corruption manifests itself. If you could send
it just to me and the linux-mtd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx list, that would
probably be best.

--
David Woodhouse Open Source Technology Centre
David.Woodhouse@xxxxxxxxx Intel Corporation