Re: [patch 0/5] Support for sanitization flag in low-level page allocator

From: Pekka Enberg
Date: Sun May 31 2009 - 02:34:57 EST

Larry H. wrote:
OK, I'm going to squeeze some time and provide patches that perform the
same my original page bit ones did, but using kzfree. Behold code like
in the tty buffer management, which uses the page allocator directly for
allocations greater than PAGE_SIZE in length. That needs special
treatment, and is exactly the reason I've proposed unconditional
sanitization since the original patches were rejected.

You might want to also do the patch Alan suggested for the security conscious people. That is, do a memset() in every page free and wrap that under CONFIG_SECURITY_PARANOIA or something. There's no reason the kzfree() patches and that can't co-exist.

Pekka