RE: New Driver for DaVinci DM355/DM365/DM6446

From: Aguirre Rodriguez, Sergio Alberto
Date: Mon Jun 01 2009 - 15:13:33 EST

Yes, currently I have been sharing this codebase with Vaibhav, which he is taking for the 3530 EVM, which uses the camera ISP to receive images from a video decoder using a parallel BT656 output.

> I know that there is an
> ongoing effort at TI India to submit the resizer driver to open source for OMAP3?

I guess this is still on hold, as the current internal approach is not acceptable in the V4L2 standards.

> As per the email
> exchanges I had with Vaibhav (TI India) on this, it is part of the ISP module.

That's correct.

> We plan to submit the
> patches to open source for H3A and was trying to see which is the right way to do it.

The ISP driver core that we are sharing, it already has the H3A driver on it, which is accessed through Private IOCTLs declared inside the driver.

> We will
> investigate the tree you mentioned below and let you know if we have additional questions.

Vaibhav should be already familiar with this codebase, so maybe it could be easier for you to talk with him about this.

> The plan is to align with OMAP3 for the implementation.

Although the current code maintenance is on hold because i've been busy with some other custormer requirements, i havent been able to continue working on the pending TODOs so far. But as this strategy on a better collaboration with the community is attempted, i'm trying ot find my way to get back wit hthe maintenance of this driver to meet at least the required changes for acceptance of the driver.

It'll be definitively good to align on this, so we can avoid rewriting the same thing over again.

Regards,
Sergio