Re: Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 ST31500341AS fw SD17

From: Kay Diederichs
Date: Tue Jun 02 2009 - 08:24:40 EST

Markus schrieb:
Rui Santos wrote:
I have some Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 ST31500341AS 1.5TB drives. They use the firmware SD17.
Seagate recommends firmware SD1A for that HD.
However, I do not know if it will solve your problem. Jut try it...

This drive+fw is blacklisted in the kernel, but there is no firmware upgrade for these drives. (Only very few serial numbers are able to upgrade.)

I cant upgrade the firmware because the flash-utility will abort due to "not affected serial number". I tried SD1B, the very newest version.
Cant find the SD1A for my drives.

Markus

I think you might have tried the wrong firmware file.
ST31500341AS needs http://www.seagate.com/staticfiles/support/downloads/firmware/Brinks-4D8H-SD1B.ISO

HTH,

Kay