Re: Linux 2.6.30-rc8 [also: VIA Support]

From: Harald Welte
Date: Thu Jun 04 2009 - 13:50:42 EST

Hi Michael,

On Thu, Jun 04, 2009 at 10:37:46AM -0500, Michael S. Zick wrote:

> On the Everex Cloudbook (C7-M/CX700) I have gotten a record
> of 4h45 minutes of up-time on some, locally patched, builds.
> The same is reported on other Everex Cloudbooks.
>
> On the Sylvania gBook (also C7-M/CX700) the user reports
> 10s of minutes as their record up-time.

It seems like I need to obtain one of those. I'll see if VIA can help, but
it might help if you have a known-bad unit that I could get for debugging.

Just to re-confirm: Those kind of problems are you seeing with any kernel, or
only specifically with later (2.6.30-rcX) kernels? If it's not a regression,
then I think there is no impact of the bug on the 2.6.30 release.

> H.W. got hold of one of the companies demo-boards but I
> haven't heard back from him yet on his experiences.

I don't really have your test case. I've personally been running a CX700 based
mainboard (some EPIA board) as my digital video recording device for > one year
here, without any lock ups at all. I have not been running any recent kernels
on that system, though.

Regards,
--
- Harald Welte <HaraldWelte@xxxxxxxxxxx> http://linux.via.com.tw/