Re: Kernel 2.6.30rc7 limits IDE to UDMA33

From: Alan Cox
Date: Fri Jun 05 2009 - 06:41:59 EST

> I've relayed your reply to the pata_amd user on the forum. As for my
> case with pata_via, until this is fixed, is there any way to force it
> to use a higher UDMA? Is there a flag that can be passed in, for

In your case given the BIOS appears to be informing us you have a 40wire
cable there isn't much that can be fixed

> example, in /sys somewhere? hdparm fails to set a higher UDMA and I
> looked at sdparm but don't see anything in it to increase UDMA...

Tejun some time ago added stuff to override all of these things:

See Documentation/kernel-parameters.txt

libata.force=

which will let you override all sorts of autodetection for quirky boards