Re: [git pull] IDE fixes

From: Pekka Enberg
Date: Sun Jun 07 2009 - 15:11:00 EST

Hi Bartlomiej,

On Sun, Jun 7, 2009 at 10:00 PM, Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz
<bzolnier@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> > My honest opinion is that it is as appropriate now as it will be 2.6.31.
>> >
>> > [ I'm still amazed by the amount of *completely* bogus reasons given for
>> >  not merging it. ]
>>
>> I don't consider this a bogus reason at all:
>>
>>  10 files changed, 134 insertions(+), 43 deletions(-)
>
> Since when do we validate code quality based solely on LOC changed? :)

Since when we entered -rc8 (or even earlier).

<bzolnier@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'm yet to see anybody posting a single code chunk in this whole discussion.

That's because I am not objecting to the code. I am objecting to the
fact that you're submitting something as big as this so late in the
release cycle and the fact that it's not a clear-cut bug fix.

But anyway, I don't really want to argue about this. I simply wanted
to point out that I agree with Alan's and James' comments and that I
don't think they have anything to do with "slowing down IDE fixes" but
rather with how the whole release cycle with fixed merge window works.

Pekka