Re: Linux Bridge Module

From: Sam Ravnborg
Date: Mon Jun 08 2009 - 02:28:02 EST

On Mon, Jun 08, 2009 at 01:56:14PM +0800, eko suwarsono wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I'm newbies on this mailing list, so please advise me if i asking the
> wrong question.
> I had plan to add bridge module (bridge.ko) on embedded system which i
> got from vendor. the embedded linux system is using Debian sarge 1.3
> and has linux kernel 2.6.20.4 with gcc 3.4.4. the operating system is
> installed on CF card
>
> i tried to compile the linux kernel 2.6.20.4 using gcc 3.4.4 on
> another system which using ubuntu feisty to get the bridge.ko module.
> and then copying the module into the embedded system.
>
> the problem here that the insmod complaining : -1 invalid module format.
>
> can somebody help me on this? many thanks for all

Do you use a cross compiler that match your target?
Does file bridge.ko detect the correct architecture?
Can you build and load other modules?

If you can answer yes to the baove try posting the Makefile you use.
Many external modules uses a 2.4 style Makefile which does not work with kernel 2.6.

Sam