solved: Re: 2.6.30-rc8 does not boot

From: Michael Tokarev
Date: Mon Jun 08 2009 - 07:00:30 EST

[2nd reply to my own email...]

Michael Tokarev wrote:
Hello.

I just gave 2.6.30-rc a try, taken from Linus git, tag v2.6.29-rc8.
And this one does not want to boot on my test machine which is an
AMD X2-64 with AMD780G chipset. Neither 64 nor 32bit kernel boots.
I even tried in kvm virtual machine, -- same effect. It freezes right
after displaying "Verifying BIOS data successful" message -- nothing
more is on the screen.

[]
BIOS data check successful

PANIC: early exception 0e rip: 10:ffffffff802c9abd error 0 cr2 0

It turned out to be an issue with acpi-dsdt-initrd-v0.9c-2.6.29.patch
which I forgot to remove from my package when rebuilding the kernel.
Reverting that patch solved boot issues and the kernel is now working.

Please excuse me for the noise.

Thanks!

/mjt