Re: looking for ideas on VM related research projects

From: Wes Felter
Date: Mon Jun 08 2009 - 17:52:46 EST

Kallol Biswas wrote:
Hi,
I have a strong team of good, energetic and young kernel engineers
and research scholar and I am looking for ideas on linux virtual
memory related research projects for them.

There are some recent research projects that have not been integrated into Linux:

http://www.usenix.org/events/hotos09/tech/full_papers/saxena/saxena_html/
http://www.usenix.org/events/osdi08/tech/full_papers/gupta/gupta_html/index.html

I suspect that a combination of difference engine, compressed caching, and flash swapping could really benefit some environments.

Wes Felter - wesley@xxxxxxxxxx