Re: [patch 0/3] crypto: padlock-aes: enable on VIA Nano

From: Sebastian Andrzej Siewior
Date: Tue Jun 09 2009 - 14:42:35 EST

* Chuck Ebbert | 2009-06-09 10:35:33 [-0400]:

>The VIA Nano has a bug that makes the padlock unit fetch extra data
>during encryption operations. Add workarounds for that, and enable
>the driver on x86_64.
Nice. The X86_64 padlock will make it mainline in next merge window so
I'm asking you kindly to rebase it against Herbert's cryptodev tree [0].

I guess the bug can trigger on 32bit if you boot the affected 64bit CPU
in 32bit mode? I'm not sure if it is better to send this patches via
stable tree _or_ deactivate the padlock on affected CPUs.

[0]
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/herbert/cryptodev-2.6.git

Sebastian