Re: [Bug #13116] Can't boot with nosmp

From: Avi Kivity
Date: Tue Jun 09 2009 - 14:43:26 EST

Stephen Hemminger wrote:

This only affects reboots. But yes, the cpumask code has bugs. Does the .config involved select MAXSMP?

Patch does not fix the problem. Not sure if it is KVM only problem.
Look like possible cpumask always equals what ACPI / SMP tables report.
So currently looking into alloc_percpu which may not handle the possible
but never used cpus.

Right, it shouldn't have.

It is x86-64 config and does not have MAXSMP set. It does have NR_CPUS set.

So it's not cpumask. Dare I suggest a bisect?

signature is too narrow to contain.