Re: [Intel-gfx] Intel 915GM MCHBAR bug

From: Andrew Morton
Date: Tue Jun 09 2009 - 18:29:43 EST

On Tue, 9 Jun 2009 15:07:57 -0700
Jesse Barnes <jbarnes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > > Yes, agreed completely. We probably want ACK from Jesse and Bjorn,
> > > though.
> >
> > I'm ok with it being 2.6.30.1 stuff, but given the significance of the
> > change we were worried about putting it into 2.6.30 late in the cycle.
> > But as you say, it's a very important performance fix for many
> > machines...
> >
> > Anyway, Eric may already have it merged. Eric?
> >

> It's merged now into the drm-intel-next tree, and therefore queued for
> the merge window.

<hunts around for a while>

This? http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/anholt/drm-intel.git;a=commitdiff;h=d765898970f35acef960581f678b9da9d5c779fa;hp=1b8e69662e1a086878bf930a6042daf7f8a076cc

It doesn't have cc:stable in the changelog, so there's a reasonable
chance that it will get lost.

The -stable guys troll the commit list looking for mainline commits
which mention stable@xxxxxxxxxx in the changelog.