Re: HTC Dream aka. t-mobile g1 support

From: Brian Swetland
Date: Wed Jun 10 2009 - 13:44:08 EST

On Wed, Jun 10, 2009 at 3:31 AM, Pavel Machek<pavel@xxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Is there patch for Dream support for 2.6.30 somewhere? The best I
> could find is linux-msm tree, which is ... quite a big diff against
> 2.6.24:

Our current working tree (for the donut branch) is against 2.6.29:
http://android.git.kernel.org/?p=kernel/msm.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/android-msm-2.6.29

The cupcake/1.5 system update (latest production kernel) was against 2.6.27:
http://android.git.kernel.org/?p=kernel/msm.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/android-msm-2.6.27

> Is all of it neccessary for dream or are parts such as board-halibut
> parts of some other support? Do I have wrong tree entirely?

Most of it is necessary. board-halibut is a qualcomm reference
design. board-sapphire is HTC Magic. board-trout is G1/ADP1.
arch/arm/config/msm_defconfig is how we configure the kernel we ship
which supports all three.

The ti wifi driver is enormous and in its own repository:
http://android.git.kernel.org/?p=platform/system/wlan/ti.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/cupcake

Brian