Re: HTC Dream aka. t-mobile g1 support

From: Pavel Machek
Date: Thu Jun 11 2009 - 07:10:05 EST

On Thu 2009-06-11 01:27:43, Brian Swetland wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 11, 2009 at 1:10 AM, Pavel Machek<pavel@xxxxxx> wrote:
> > On Wed 2009-06-10 10:43:53, Brian Swetland wrote:
> >>
> >> Our current working tree (for the donut branch) is against 2.6.29:
> >> http://android.git.kernel.org/?p=kernel/msm.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/android-msm-2.6.29
> >
> > Strange, I attempted downloading this overnight (285MB!)
>
> Hm. I think if you add this as a remote to an existing repository
> containing the kernel (these trees are based on v2.6.27 and v2.6.29
> respectively) it should only pull the deltas (which aren't that
> enormous).

I tried pulling deltas (by specifying --template=...), that was
285MB. Maybe I screwed something up.

Anyway, now I have a tree, and yes it compiles. (After some
"interesting" questions; perhaps defconfig should be updated?)

Unfortunately, upon fastboot boot uImage, it hangs with black screen
and backlight on. I _think_ I got config right, most "interesting"
question was

AMSS modem firmware version
1. 6.2.10 (MSM_AMSS_VERSION_6210)
2. 6.2.20 (MSM_AMSS_VERSION_6220)
> 3. 6.2.20 + New ADSP (MSM_AMSS_VERSION_6225)
4. 6.3.50 (MSM_AMSS_VERSION_6350) (NEW)

...and I just selected "3" being default. No help available :-(. I
have cupcake installed, and I believe I installed radio update
required for cupcake. Can someone help? (And write Kconfig help text?
:-).

> > Ok, could we get the boards renamed? g1 is known as dream, having
> > trout+dream+g1+adp1 names for same piece of hardware is unnice.
>
> It's hard to have a single name since carriers tend to use different
> names in different markets. We often start work on kernel support
> long before a product is announced, so we've been using the fish names
> to allow us to register board names with the ARM machine registry
> early on and not use bogus internal-only machine IDs.

I know naming stuff is hard. But dream/g1/adp1 are both recognized by
outside people. I don't think "trout" has similar level of
recognition.

Pavel