Re: HTC Dream aka. t-mobile g1 support

From: Stefan Schmidt
Date: Fri Jun 12 2009 - 13:35:33 EST

Hello.

On Fri, 2009-06-12 at 09:55, davidb@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 12, 2009 at 09:43:25AM -0700, Stefan Schmidt wrote:
> >
> > On Fri, 2009-06-12 at 09:00, David Brown wrote:
> > > On Fri, Jun 12, 2009 at 05:05:04PM +0200, Pavel Machek wrote:
> > >
> > > Support for these devices is in our reference kernel at:
> > >
> > > https://www.codeaurora.org/gitweb/quic/le/?p=kernel/msm.git;a=summary
> > >
> > > It's also a bit unfortunate that our primary development happens on
> > > development boards that aren't available to the general public.
> >
> > That and that one have to sign a contributor agreement just to register on your
> > your site and get in touch. While your kernel tree is public that looks a lot
> > like a closed development process to me.
> >
> > Any plan to make this more transparent?
>
> We're definitely working on it.

Good.

> I think the intent is to have a
> Gerrit instance to accept contributions. I'll have to look into
> whether this can be done without signing the agreement. Right
> now, I can't even contribute anything, so there are a lot of
> issues to work out.

Gerrit is the Android review system? I'm only interested into the kernel and
especially running a mainline kernel on different devices. Anyway, a public
review process and some more informations on what you are working and how you
would like to bring it mainline would help here.

regards
Stefan Schmidt