Re: PCIe interface memory memory mapping issue

From: Robert Hancock
Date: Sat Jun 13 2009 - 01:57:18 EST

On 06/12/2009 06:23 AM, Sanka Piyaratna wrote:
Hi,

I have developed a PCI express interface using Xilinx ML555 hardware module. I have implemented Linux kernel mode device drivers and everything works correctly as long as I am using the device within a computer with dual channel DDR arrangement. However, as soon as I pug this device into a core i7 or an older single channel DDR machine, the interface memory mapping does not work any more. As if the register map with in the device does no longer exsists. However, "lspci" utility provides correct information. I am not sure if this has anything to do with the number of DDR memory channels the motherboard has or why that would be a problem for PCI express device. However, this seem to be the common link between the machines that demonstrate this issue.

You'll have to give more details on what you mean by "the interface memory mapping does not work any more. As if the register map with in the device does no longer exsists".