Re: HTC Dream aka. t-mobile g1 support

From: Christoph Hellwig
Date: Sat Jun 13 2009 - 06:59:34 EST

On Sat, Jun 13, 2009 at 11:02:40AM +0200, Pavel Machek wrote:
> Really? So IDE maintainers have to subscribe before when they want to
> discuss ARM&CF issues? Sleep maintainers have to subscribe when they
> want to discuss sleep&ARM?
>
> You are offending people by first adding unneccessary & annoying steps
> to their workflow, and then calling them "too stupid" if they don't
> follow your stupid rules. (Sometimes subscribing takes _weeks_!)

I'd like to stay out of the other flamewars here, but having a moderated
mailinglist for a major architecture or subsystem is a royal pain in the
ass. As others here I used to get these stupid rejected without reasons
mail a lot (can't remember if it was mostly the arm list or others), and
it just freaks me out if I'm supposed to Cc stuff to the relevant
mailinglist and can't get through.