Re: Regarding patchwork patch #28003

From: Corey Minyard
Date: Mon Jun 15 2009 - 11:27:53 EST

Martin Wilck wrote:
Corey Minyard wrote:

I have been facing the issue of the kipmid's CPU usage spiking since a long time.
I have tested the patch sent by Martin (limit CPU time spent in kipmid (version 4)) and it solves the issue for me.
I do not see any activity/feedback on the patch.
Can I help in some-way to ensure that this patch is merged ?
I will add this to the patchset I put out for 2.6.30, and if that goes well it will go into the mainstream kernel.

Thanks a lot!
I suppose the you will choose last version of the patch that I submitted (http://marc.info/?l=linux-kernel&m=124414141924616&w=2)

Martin

Yes, I picked up the latest one you mailed.

I was skeptical, but I have to say that it works very well. This is definitely going in, assuming no one else reports any problems.

I'm dealing with some issues with changes in the serial driver, hopefully I'll have those out of the way today and can get a patch set out after some testing.

Thanks,

-corey