Re: [tip:perfcounters/core] perf_counter: x86: Fix call-chain supportto use NMI-safe methods

From: Avi Kivity
Date: Mon Jun 15 2009 - 15:16:59 EST

On 06/15/2009 10:02 PM, Peter Zijlstra wrote:
Ah, well, I have no idea who expensive cr2 is, if its like a regular
register then it should be fine. If however its tons more expensive then
we should really avoid it.

IIRC it's pretty cheap, I measured it once when tuning the kvm context switch code. I don't recall the exact numbers.

signature is too narrow to contain.