Re: 2.6.30: suspend-to-ram, second s2r wakes up immediately

From: Alan Stern
Date: Tue Jun 16 2009 - 14:51:00 EST

On Tue, 16 Jun 2009, Thomas Meyer wrote:

> Yes. These patches make usbmon stop abending.
>
> Successful suspend -> stay in S3 -> resume cylce:

Unfortunately this log is uninterpretable, thanks largely to the two
mass-storage devices at addresses 9 and 10. I can't tell what they
are because they don't appear to be listed in the dmesg log you
posted.

The device at address 10 isn't working at all. It apparently has 4
LUNs but it replies to all commands for all LUNs with an error code
saying that the LUN isn't supported.

The device at address 9 is working, but its I/O clutters up the log.

There's also something at address 4; perhaps an HID device, I can't
tell.

Can you run the test again, this time with no extraneous USB devices
plugged in? (That includes hubs.) And before starting the test,
collect the contents of /sys/kernel/debug/usb/devices (you'll probably
have to mount /sys/kernel/debug first).

Alan Stern