Re: Badness on the Warp

From: Sean MacLennan
Date: Sat Jun 20 2009 - 19:10:54 EST

On Sat, 20 Jun 2009 22:56:45 +0200
Frans Pop <elendil@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The fact that your bisect ended at a merge essentially means that it
> is invalid. As a merge does not introduce any actual change (unless
> it includes changes to resolve conflicts), it normally cannot be the
> cause of a regression.

Makes sense I messed up somewhere. This is the commit that causes
problems:

Merge branch 'topic/slab/earlyboot' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/penberg/slab-2.6

* 'topic/slab/earlyboot' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/penberg/slab-2.6:

vgacon: use slab allocator instead of the bootmem allocator

irq: use kcalloc() instead of the bootmem allocator

sched: use slab in cpupri_init()

sched: use alloc_cpumask_var() instead of alloc_bootmem_cpumask_var()

memcg: don't use bootmem allocator in setup code

irq/cpumask: make memoryless node zero happy

x86: remove some alloc_bootmem_cpumask_var calling

vt: use kzalloc() instead of the bootmem allocator

sched: use kzalloc() instead of the bootmem allocator

init: introduce mm_init()

vmalloc: use kzalloc() instead of alloc_bootmem()

slab: setup allocators earlier in the boot sequence

bootmem: fix slab fallback on numa

bootmem: use slab if bootmem is no longer available

Makes sense since it is very early in the boot I get the badness. Also, there is no mention of JFS in the above logs.

Cheers,
Sean