Re: RFC: x86: cap iomem_resource to addressable physical memory

From: H. Peter Anvin
Date: Mon Jun 22 2009 - 03:54:25 EST

Pavel Machek wrote:

Ok... and is there enough locking in there so that it is actually ok
to change mask during hotplug? (Is it okay because it is single long
and all the writers are somehow serialized by hotplug mechanism?)
Pavel

Making it a locked reference probably would be a good idea (although I personally think it will never actually matter in practice). Although on 32 bits (PAE) it can be more than one long, it doesn't matter because only the upper long can actually be modified. It does, however, complicate the actual code somewhat... I'll look at it tomorrow.

-hpa