Re: Rootfs in eMMC: Kernel panic ...Attempted to kill init!

From: Catalin Marinas
Date: Mon Jun 22 2009 - 10:26:59 EST

On Mon, 2009-06-22 at 19:43 +0530, Sudeep K N wrote:
> Thanks for the suggestion.
> With the logs it is clear that crash is in the userspace.
> I am getting one of the 2 logs(below) randomly.

This sounds familiar: SMP -> writealloc cache policy (could be forced by
hardware) -> cache corruption in user space with ext2.

Does you driver use the DMA API? If not, does your eMMC driver flush the
cache (in case you hit one of the long-standing problems with PIO
drivers).

It's worth trying this hack:

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.ports.arm.kernel/51556

--