Re: merging the per-bdi writeback patchset

From: Christoph Hellwig
Date: Tue Jun 23 2009 - 07:18:03 EST

On Tue, Jun 23, 2009 at 01:12:10PM +0200, Jens Axboe wrote:
> > Last time we discussed this you said you're happy with 2.6.32. I really
> > want to take a more detailed look and put that on the not so urgent list
> > because ou didn't seem to rush for .31. So my vote goes for waiting a
> > bit longer.
>
> Yeah, 2.6.32 works for me too, .31 would have been nice though so I
> don't have to carry it around anymore. But either is fine, if you and
> Andrew want more time to review this stuff, then lets just settle for
> .32.

Yes, I'd really prefer more time. I also expect to come up with some
more changes in that area. Your patch makes the differences between
kupdate and pdflush-stye writeback look even more ugly then it already
is, so I want to see i there's some nicer way to handle it. I also want
to take a look if it makes sense to distangle data integrity and
background writeback somehow.