Re: S+core architecture (arch/score/) support files

From: Andi Kleen
Date: Tue Jun 23 2009 - 10:30:42 EST

On Tue, Jun 23, 2009 at 03:55:54PM +0200, Arnd Bergmann wrote:
> On Tuesday 23 June 2009, Andi Kleen wrote:
> > IMHO a full successfull LTP run should be minimal criterium for
> > merging an architecture. That should catch most of the possible
> > "simple" mistakes in the syscall ABI. I would suggest to wait to after
> > this has been done.
>
> I agree in general, but in this case the ABI is essentially defined
> through the asm-generic headers, with the exception of the functions

What I meant LTP would test if what you implemented works. Not that
you implement a particular ABI, just that the source level interface
works.

It's not a full test of course, but it's a reasonable sanity check over a wide
range of interfaces. When I was working on my architecture I found
it very helpful.

-Andi

--
ak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx -- Speaking for myself only.