Re: PC speaker beeps in 2.6.30?

From: Michael Tokarev
Date: Fri Jun 26 2009 - 02:04:15 EST

[Adding some more Cc's...]

Am I the only concerned about this? My 2.6.30 is still
silent w.r.t. old good PC speaker beeps, and I wasn't
able to make it to produce any sound. Yes, as pointed
out by others there is a control now, in alsa, and I
can hear ugly and scary beeps from my stereo speakers
(when they're turned on and when the control is un-muted).
But that's.. not a solution/answer to the original
question... ;)

Thanks!